Case Manager – Easingwold, York
Salary £26,000-£36,000 /year
The post is subject to a clear DBS check
Due to expansion we are looking to recruit an experienced clinician with a clinical background in catastrophic injury such as acquired brain and spinal injury, birth injury, and complex orthopaedic injury.
This is a full-time position based predominantly at our Head Office in Easingwold near York, with the occasional opportunity to work from home. You would manage your own caseload including travel and client visits within the hours that suit the needs of our clients.
You will have a minimum of two years proven case management experience, working directly with clients in the community and be able to demonstrate your professional abilities, within the field of complex, long-term health care assessment, care planning and outcomes for clients. You will also have experience of working with pre and post settlement cases.
Experience working with QuNote and Sharepoint would be advantageous.
This position is subject to DBS checks and 2 satisfactory references. We offer a competitive salary, health care plan, contributions to professional development opportunities and full support from our Head Office team in North Yorkshire.
Applications by email to Natalie Hodgson, Service Manager:
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £26,000 to £36,000 /year
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Experience: Clinical, 2 years (Required)
Work remotely: No (occasional only)
Assistant Case Manager
Place of employment
– Newton House, Easingwold
– To be agreed
– Company pension contribution in line with auto enrolment regulations
– Simply Health scheme
– Normal working hours will be 40 hours per week
– Working week is 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (with half an hour unpaid lunch break) although flexibility will be required to meet the demands of the post
– Paid on the last working day of the month by bank transfer
– Mileage allowance of 45p per business mile
– 25 working days, plus statutory Bank Holidays, based on a full-time post of 40 hours per week. If the working week includes a Bank Holiday, the Assistant Case Manager will be entitled to an alternative day off to meet the needs of the clients/ service
– Annual leave year will be 1st January to 31st December
– The Assistant Case Manager will have access to confidential information concerning the organisation and its clients. It is implicit that acceptance of an appointment with UK Case Management Limited requires the Assistant Case Manager not to divulge or disclose information to any unauthorised person/ organisation, nor to use it for any unofficial purpose
– Up to 3 days compassionate leave may be granted with full pay at the discretion of the Director
IT/ Office Equipment
– The Assistant Case Manager, if ever required to work from home, must provide an acceptable standard of ‘home office’ in a safe and confidential environment
– If required, UK Case Management Limited will provide a laptop computer
– A mobile phone will be provided for company use only
Applications by email to Natalie Hodgson, Service Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org